Refrigeration Masterclass – (6 Week Online Mentoring Program)
SALE – Sign up with a friend and both receive another £200 OFF the already discounted price + Attend the 3 day practical course for only £500 each (usually £900)
Here’s what you both get – 6 weeks of personal online training with our tutor + full documentation pack + 12 months of follow up technical support + City & Guilds FGas Certificate
This is an exclusive coaching program giving you 6 weeks of working directly with one of our HVAC trainers. To find out more about this course, please read the information below and complete the form so that we can get back to you.
Marine Refrigeration Masterclass
This bespoke program is the result of teaching refrigeration and air conditioning to marine engineers for over 10 years. We know exactly what's useful out in the field and understand how much is at stake if the system shuts down. We have 30 years of experience in the marine industry, so it doesn't matter if you're on a superyacht, oil rig, fishing boat or supply vessel, chances are, we've worked on it. You will be working directly with our chief instructor, Stuart Ginbey, who has a strong background in chiller repairs, energy efficiency and optimisation. He's trained personnel from all over the world including LLoyds, 28 North Sea Oil Inspectors as well as engineering departments from oil and gas companies such as Total, BP Azerbaijan, MODEC and more. So we can assure you that you will be in very good hands.
This marine refrigeration masterclass provides the opportunity to fast track your learning into 6 weeks and allows you to complete it from the comfort of your own home or whilst you are away at work so that it fits in with your schedule. The course is completed by remote learning and each week a new topic of content will be released. You will be required to complete all tasks including e-lessons, videos, study guides and quizzes and you also have the opportunity to attend regular online zoom call Q&A sessions with the lecturer. This is where you can ask any questions related to the topic that you are on and the lecturer will answer them straight away for you.
Who is it for?
This course is for marine engineers who love working at sea. You could be in the superyacht industry or the cruise ships through to the merchant navy, including LNG Tankers, Cargo ships or supply vessels. It’s also very relevant to any electricians, mechanics or ventilation technicians who work offshore in the Oil & Gas Industry. If you have an engineering background and want to learn the latest ‘Real World’ experience based techniques about refrigeration systems, then YES, this is definitely for you.
Week 1 - Understand the principles of thermodynamics and how they relate to the vapour compression cycle
- 4 Major Components - Compressor, Condenser, Thermal Expansion Valve and the Evaporator
- Ancillary Components - Oil Seperators, Liquid Receivers, Filter Driers, Solenoid Valves, Sight Glass, Suction Line Accumulators, Safety Devices (HP/LP/Oil P), Evaporator Pressure Regulators
Week 2 – Regulations, Qualifications & Licensing
- Training & Certification
- Global Warming & Climate Change
- Ozone Depletion
- MARPOL and Merchant Shipping Regulations
Week 3 – Pressure Enthalpy Charts and Energy Efficiency Week 4 – The Repair Process
- Refrigerant & Oil Recovery
- Disposing of Hazardous Waste
- Pressure Testing to BSEN378 Industry Standards
- Evacuation & Dehydration
- Charging Refrigerant
- Commissioning (Rules of Thumb)
- Design conditions, operating envelopes, Superheat, Subcooling, temperature differentials,
- How to know exactly when the system is charged and commissioned correctly
Week 5 – Service & Maintenance Procedures
- Servicing Air Conditioning Units
- System Cleanup after a compressor burnout
- Setting up seawater flow control valves for condensers on ships
- Maintenance Procedures for Air Cooled Chillers
- Maintenance Procedures for Water Cooled Centrifugal Chillers
- Maintenance Procedures for Water Cooled Screw Chillers
- Maintenance Procedures for Living Quarters Air Conditioning
- Maintenance Procedures for Provisions Refrigeration Systems
- Preventative Maintenance Procedures
- Recommended Toolkit
Week 6 – Troubleshooting Refrigeration Systems & The 8 Major Fault Categories
- Faults due to lack of expansion valve capacity
- Faults due to lack of refrigerant
- Pre-expansion faults
- Faults due to lack of evaporator capacity
- Faults due to lack of compressor capacity
- Faults due to excess refrigerant
- Faults due to non-condensables
- Faults due to lack of condenser capacity
Includes troubleshooting flowchart, common system faults and a 5 part series on why compressors fail. BONUS 1 – Documentation Pack
- Risk assessments and method statements
- MSDS Sheets - refrigerants, oils, etc
- Pressure Test Certificates
- Service Report Sheet
- FGas Logbook
- FGas Register
- Commissioning Forms
- Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes
- Sample Maintenance Contracts
BONUS 2 – 12 Months of follow up technical support to help you resolve any refrigeration related faults. Throughout the course, you will be supported every step of the way and based on our students feedback, we know that this course is exactly what the marine industry needs. To Master the art of Refrigeration and find out more, please fill in the form in the sidebar of this page and we will get back to you.
3 reviews for Refrigeration Masterclass – (6 Week Online Mentoring Program)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Xavier Le Monnier –
I found the course very informative and tailored to study required, the pre course training i did was definitely worth the study time and cost when it came to the practical work.
Ed Wigley –
I completed the 6 week online marine Refrigeration Masterclass and then took the practical assessment. The online course was very easy to follow and had helpful videos, lectures and course notes. Plus scenarios and Quizzes to test the knowledge of each section. Stuart was always available to call to clarify any issues with patience. The practical was good with one test rig to myself to work on and helpful instruction from Stuart.
Eddie Cashman –
Marine Engineering is a broad career with only just enough learned in college.This Masterclass has advanced my knowledge in a vital area, shipping, a significant amount of self learning.This course seriously improved my refrigeration knowledge with a lot of study aids to use in the future.