WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
We discuss the concepts of repairing refrigeration systems on Superyachts, ships and vessels and cover all of the types of equipment you are likely to be working on. This includes the provisions refrigeration system and the accommodations AC chilled water cooling systems.
This course will help you to understand the following concepts:
- Marine Refrigeration system components
- The vapour compression cycle
- Heat transfer & thermodynamics
- The repair process
- Repairing leaks on sea-water cooling systems
- Charging refrigerant & leak detection techniques
- Basic system commissioning
- Refrigerant and oil recovery
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I GAIN?
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a C&G2079 certificate as well as a certificate of completion from Tradewinds Engineering Ltd.
WHO IS THIS 5 DAY COURSE FOR?
Specifically for engineering personnel who would like to improve their knowledge of repairing marine specific refrigeration and HVAC systems. This course is specifically aimed at Chief Engineers, Ist, 2nd, 3rd and 4th’s so no matter what your level of experience you will be considered for a placement on this course. For anyone who has very minimal experience, we would recommend taking our Fundamentals of marine refrigeration elearning course, so that you can arrive with some of the theory knowledge to help you pass the exams.
This course will give you the skills needed to confidently repair and commission refrigeration and air conditioning systems in marine environments.
COURSE DATES FOR 2019
- 19th – 23rd August – Devon, UK
- 25th – 29th November – Devon, UK
COURSE DATES FOR 2020
- 10th – 14th February – Devon, UK